Thursday, July 1, 2010

Chicken Finger Salad

This is a great summer supper.  It's a full meal in a salad bowl. 

1 bag of salad greens (your choice)
1 cup of grape tomatoes
1/2 of a thinly sliced cucumber
fruit of your choice, I usually thin slice an apple, a banana and just whatever I happen to have on hand, dried cranberries, cherries, apricots, etc.
I usually end up with a 1/2 cup of frozen blueberries, they keep it cool and fresh

2 chicken breasts sliced in small pieces
dip them in egg and then heavily dredge in Panko bread crumbs
Fry in canola oil until golden and crisp.  Allow them to cool while you mix this dressing.

2TB sugar
2TB apple cider vinegar
1 1/2 TB sesame oil
1TB teryaki sauce
1TB dry mustard
Wisk above together and pour over salad
Decorate the top with the chicken and sprinkle toasted sesame seeds over all

This is a lovely summer time meal.  With a glass of iced tea or a glass of white wine, it's perfect.
I usually serve a light citrus dessert, a lemon or lime tart is perfect.

Thanks so much for stopping by.

1 comment:

Suzy said...

My goodness that looks great. And I think I have just about everything to throw one together. Thanks for sharing this summery salad.