Saturday, April 2, 2011

Date Night

Have you ever heard of two old people like us still enjoying each others company! I said to Julie (our oldest daughter) yesterday that her Dad and I were going out last night. She said, "hope yawl, (she's from the deep south) have a great time, I know how much yawl like your date nights." I thought that was pretty neat talking about old folks and date night.
First, we went out to eat.

Then we went to hear the Oklahoma City Philharmonic play a tribute to Irving Berlin. We have season tickets to the Pops and try not to miss, and I'm sure glad we didn't miss this one. It was wonderful.
                             

OKC Philharmonic (Pops): Irving Berlin -- From Ragtime to Ritzes

Known as the "Dean" of American Songwriters, Irving Berlin penned hundreds of songs, and many were major hits. He was a "legend" before he turned 30 and was nominated eight times for Academy Awards. From his first hit "Alexander's Ragtime Band" to "Puttin' on the Ritz" to the anthem "God Bless America," the music of Irving Berlin ... was indescribable.




















And, after that, we went dancin! 















No we didn't, we were home watching Letterman before 11PM.

Have a great weekend, one and all!

2 comments:

Marjory Skousen said...

Found you on the blog hop of 40 and older. My husband and I love our date's. We love to travel together, which it's probally a good thing cause we have two kids leaving home this summer. Come on by and visit me, I love new friends.

Yvonne said...

What a great post!

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Hope you enjoy the rest of the weekend.