Monday, December 20, 2010

Christmas 2010


This is the tree in our family room.





























The mantle as you can see, we like to make very busy, with lots of pretty red and gold.

The tree in the kitchen
This is a Christmas village that we started quite a few years ago. We have added cottages, etc. through the years but we haven't put it up for about five years.  We decided this year that Quinn is old enough to enjoy it without destroying it.  He loves it and enjoys looking at all the things.  We have a table top made expecially for it in storage but decided rather than digging through our storage building we would just use Quinn's train table------bad mistake.  It was much too small so the village is really crowded.  Everyone in town is knowing what all their neighbors are up to.  We have a doctor's office since our son is a doctor and a credit union instead of a bank since hubs worked 35 years in the credit union business.



This is our holiday table setting.  I bought the dishes many years ago while we were in Dallas to shop.  I saw them and just had to have them.  They were at Foleys which has now been sold to Macy's and I've never seen any others like them and I love them.





Note that one side of the table is relatively empty.  That's our boy's side and I found this tray for him to eat off of that matches the rest pretty well.


I saw these poinsettias at Michaels and thought they matched the china cabinet so well!


This little tree holds crosses and Waterford ornaments.

I love the new brown ornaments and ribbons that are seen everywhere this year.  Think I am going to do a white tree next year with brown and gold, pretty, huh!


A little tree with mostly browns.

 I just love, love, love snowmen.  I grouped some together on this little parson's bench in the foyer.


This is an oak flower container that my brother made for me many years ago.  I think of him when I change the flowers seasonally.  It has a mirror that slides in the back piece that I take out at Christmas and slide a cross stitch Santa in.

Bathroom decor.  I even decorate the door.


I love this arrangement and I think its been in every room in our house at some time or another, however, I think this may be the first time its been used in the bathroom.

This is on Quinn's door.  I just now noticed its a gruff looking Santa.  Probably because he knows about the mess behind this door.


I love these lighted balls.  I also have a gold one.  It's on the bench with the snowmen.

Candlestick arrangements.


 These are a few pictures I put on the tv cabinet.  This is Allie, our first great grand, on her first Christmas.
Quinn's first Christmas and a picture with Santa.  You can bet there won't be one this year.  He wanted no part of sitting on Santa's lap.  He told me that he was scared of him.  Oh well, maybe next year.

These are little figures that belonged to my mother.  They are chipped, cracked and some flaking paint but they remind me of her and my childhood.

As you can see, this is our stairway.  This picture doesn't do it justice.  It is really pretty.  I meant to take some others but just never got around to it.

Hope you enjoyed this little trip around our home and have a Blessed Christmas!



4 comments:

Holly Diane said...

Oh my gosh..Christmas exploded at your house! It's beautiful :)

Donna said...

Hi Mary Ann, You really have the Christmas spirit in your house!! What fun, thanks for sharing!! I need that gruff Santa for my sons door too! Donna...the 3rd sister

Annie Joy said...

I love your Christmas home, especially the tree in the kitchen, and the items that belonged to your mother. I am planning to post tomorrow about some Christmas decorations from my childhood, including the Santa mugs like yours! Also, it's nice to know that brown and bronze are really in now; my mantel is in those colors because my daughter gave me a couple of Santas a few years back that called out for browns, bronzes, and golds. Merry Christmas! Annie

Empty Nester said...

Not only beautifully festive looking but also warm and inviting!