Thursday, August 5, 2010

Whew!

It is so hot and has been so hot lately, over 100 and climbing.  I just dread going outside but must to give my plants a splash of water even if its only every other day.  I hate getting into a hot car and waiting it seems forever before the ac kicks in.  I don't know what to cook, everything seems heavy and hot.  I just want salad and fruit.

I certainly don't mean to be wishing my life away, not at my age anyway, but I am so ready for fall.  Everyone who knows me knows that I am not a summertime person.  I was born in Sept. and fall is my time of year.  I love everything about it, the beautiful colors, the smell of pumpkin and cinnamon candles, the glorious changing leaves, and of course, fall and football is high on my list.   You name it I love it.  I don't even mind those fall rains so much,  but nothing beats a crisp cool day in the south end zone in Norman OK and watching the Sooners whoop up on somebody.



















1 comment:

Rose said...

It' too hot here in Ga. 100 degrees. i love the fall to see the different colors of leaves. i love the coolness. Rose