Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I'm Baacckkk

I know, I know, I haven't posted in ages.  Things are shaping up around here.  Plus, we made a whirlwind trip to Tennessee to see Granddaughter, Sarah, graduate from Austin Peay Un.  More about that in another post. 
Now it's all about our house adventure. 
Below is a picture of my crystal/china cabinet empty and needing attention.  It took me several hours to get the dust and smears out of it.  You know here when "the wind comes sweepin cross the plains", it brings dust with it.





















Doesn't it look pretty with everything all clean, inside and out.  I have quite a collection of crystal so it was a real job getting it ready to put back in.  I love this cabinet and all my crystal, especially those Partridge in a Pear Tree plates and Christmas ornaments.
We are really happy with the wall color.  I don't think the pictures do it justice.  It is a soft creamy gold.  The sun coming through the skylight changes the shade of it all day.  I think we will really enjoy it this winter on all those dark gloomy cold days we have.




























This is a pretty good sample of the paint cover. Our kitchen, living and dining room are  painted this color.  The area is open concept so it works well using one color.  White just didn't seem to do this area justice.

These are my crosses getting ready to be hung back up.  I took a photo of how I had them hung and then it was easy to rehang them.  I love this and still have plenty of room to add more as I get new ones.





































And, I just don't know how these next two pics got mixed up with house photos! 







































Have a great day everyone and I promise to do better with my blogging now that things are settling down.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mary Ann!

Your crystal collection is AMAZING! So many beautiful pieces.

Your paint color is so similar to mine. I really love the warmth of the color and yet feel its still a neutral.

Thanks so much for stopping by Starview Sonnet. I think you are right. The copper sconces would look really nice with the art. I'll have to keep my eyes open for some.

have a wonderful day,

Cori

Rose said...

just getting to read your post. i've been and i am continuing spring cleaning. i took a break. love your cabinrt and glassware. the wall color os beautiful. is it a light gold, i'm not certain, do you have furniture with some of this color. i need to use a neutral color in my home. cong. to your granddaughter for graduating from college. rose