Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Saddened

I was born, raised and lived most of my life in Louisiana.  I have lived in the north where cotton fields flourish, to central where political endeavors take place, not always of the highest order and in the south where history, and beauty are beyond compare.

We lived in Shreveport when we felt Katrina's wrath and cried over the devastation, however, we picked ourselves up and  started all over again.  Our city, along with many, over the U.S., reached out to survivors with help and compassion sometimes above and beyond the call.

This is my state:

This is what our marshland looks like now.

Please pray that a solution is found soon to end this.

Mary Ann

4 comments:

Nancy's Daily Dish said...

Your title sums it up...it's really sad. We're praying for everyone there!!!

Nancy

Sally Annie Magundy said...

I live in Los Angeles and I'm so very sorry! It's so heartbreaking. The loss of jobs, wildlife, habitats, etc. are devastating! Hoping and praying along with you for a solution to be found soon!

Sally

Lindsay-ann said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Glad you enjoyed the walk in the woods. If you click on my 'walks' tag you can see other posts about walks in England.
I am so sorry about what's happening on your coastline at the moment. It is being reported here everyday on our news too.
My prayers are with your state.
Lindsay
x

Kathleen said...

My prayers are with you..Such a terrible disaster...
Thanks for visiting me..:)