Saturday, February 27, 2010

A Real Blogger Now

Today, I feel like a real blogger. I purchased a cloche online last week and it arrived last night courtesy of a late UPS delivery. It is really pretty and I have some ideas of how I will use it for Easter.

It is a gorgeous day here in Oklahoma, cool, crisp and sunny blue skies. My kind of day!!

Do you like to watch cooking shows? I love watching them on Saturdays. In my bio I forgot to state that I love to cook. The kids always laugh at some new recipe I try and say it was good, but we'll probably never have it again. I need to start some sort of log with what I fix, so I can remember to fix the "keepers" again. As I told you, we live with our daughter and her family. She does most of the housekeeping and I am in charge of the kitchen and do nearly all of the cooking. The only drawback to this is trying to think of what to fix. I ask for suggestions but get few responses. I have lots of old recipes like meatloaf, goulash, stews, soups, etc., and I am not afraid to try new recipes. I have all of the Southern Living annual cookbooks along with a wide variety of other cookbooks. I guess you could say, it's a cookbook collection. Daughter #3 works in retail, a bookstore at that, and gave me the Julia Childs collection for Christmas. I've tried a couple of the recipes, but could never do what Julie did in "Julia and Julie" and cook them all.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: